Monday, February 2, 2015

EMail



Hey hey familia!
How´s it goin? Good news! No food in my hair this week:) haha so it´s definitely a step up. Mom and dad your pitch perfect jokes killed me this week. I can´t stop laughing.Ï´ve been hit by flying mexican food¨hahaha.Ok first and foremost so I don´t forget, cambios are next week so remember that my p day will be on tuesday. can you believe that? this change flew by sooo fast. and I´m pretty dang positive I´ll be changed. I´m super sad cause I get closer and closer to the people here every week but at the same time i´m ready to experience another area and find more people to serve. 
This has been an awesome week! I´m so grateful for all the recipes mom has sent me. I´ve been able to experiment, and I made some cinnamon oatmeal cookies the other day, and also banana spice cookies with cream cheese frosting. those were super good not gonna lie. (so you can stop worrying about me getting to skinny because my own baking is making me fat) but now everyone is obsessed with my brownies so I´ve had to make them like three different times this week for different activities. Including today. We had another zone activity today that was super fun! It was just at our chapel and we played volleyball, soccer, and basketball. Half of the hermanas didn´t do anything, and the other half played volleyball the whole time, so I was the only hermana playing basketball with the elders for a solid three hours... it wore me out so much but I haven´t had THAT much fun in awhile. I loved it! I miss sports.... A half hour of ab workouts in the mornings just doesn´t quite do it for me. But oh well haha.
A down side to this week is that I got suuuper sick. Tuesday night I started throwing up after we got home and then I woke up really sick on wednesday (the day we had interchanges with the hermana viajantes) and I had to go to Carrasco with Hermana Orme. I was ready to work though and everything. We had to visit Hermana Burnett in her apartment really quick and she told me not to go out that day but we still did. We were walking in the street and talking with people for about two hours and then I started needing to throwup again and felt like passing out so we had to go back to the apartment for the rest of the day... It was thee worst. I hate not being able to work! And I was so sad because Hermana Burnett invited us over for dinner and she made ENCHILADAS and I couldn´t eat them:( saddest thing ever. But it was good cause Elder burnett gave me a blessing and it helped a lot. He is such a cool guy and SO in tune with the spirit.But yeah... I have still been throwing up these days after that too but I´ve felt better and have been able to work everyday. It´s no fun in the street though when I have to throw up hahaha. But I made it through yesterday and today without so I think I´m completely better! Hopefully. There´s an hermana in our ward (Silvana Gonzalez Mila) and she is always sooo worried about me so she always stops by our house and brings me soup and fruits and stuff. Seriously she is amazing. 
Other good (spiritual) things that happened this week: On saturday we found a homeless guy (homie lol) chillin at a bus stop so we stopped to talk to him. he told us how he was just looking for some food and was gonna sleep there for the night. Luckily, Nilda had her birthday and we had just come from visiting her and she gave me some birthday cake that I was taking home to eat later and so I was able to give that to him and we also gave him a pamphlet to read. We invited him to church for sunday and he said he would come, but he never did.... but at least we were able to give him a little bit of food! And ahh my two most recent converts are both so amazing. Cinthia just got her temple reccoment to do baptisms for the dead and we are helping her do her family history so she can get baptized for her grandma that died about a year ago. And Nilda pays her tithing every single week and she told us that every week it´s more and more and she can already see the Lord blessing her for doing so. They are amaaaaazing! 
Okay totally off topic, but Alex sent me a picture of the new raptors.... HOLY CRAP. Feel free to buy me one for when I come home;) just kidding. But wow they are good lookin´.
On that note, here´s a spiritual thought for the week lol.
I was reading about Pres. Hinckley and how he found success in dealing with his discouragement as he renewed his decision to serve the Lord. He said: The best antidote I know for worry is work. The best medicine for despair is service. The best cure for weariness is the challenge of helping someone who is even more tired.
I love that. It´s so true. There´s days I feel like there´s now way I can work, but I always walk out the door and the Lord blesses me with the strength as I strive to serve others.
Also, One last quote that I love from Neal A. Maxwell:
Being blessed with hope, let us, as disciples, reach out to all who, for whatever reason, have moved away from the hope of the gospel. Let us reach to lift hands which hang hopelessly down.
That´s it for this week.
Love you guys lots!!!
xoxoxo
Hermana Sanders

No comments:

Post a Comment