Monday, January 12, 2015

What a great week!

Hey hey! What a great week right? And fast? Or is that just me? haha but anyways, how was everyones week? Everyone off to a good start with the new year? It´s great to have goals to be working towards and trying to be better each and every day. Not a whole lot happened this week as far as big events other than the church open house in our ward, but we had A LOT of miracles! The open house or ¨capilla abierta¨ was such a cool experience. We did a huge presentation for the people that came in and explained all of the basic principles of the gospel as missionaries (I´ve never talked so much and so fast in my entire life) and then each organization had their own presentations in other rooms with lots of food and stuff like that. It was sooo cool! I´ve never done that before and it was really fun. And it was great that it was our chapel because we got a ton of new investigators and references because of that. One of them is named Alfredo just throwing that out there haha everytime we talk about him I get hungry lololol. But yeah, it was super cool and like I said we got some amazing new investigators. One girl named Cynthia, and then another girl named Tamara, they both are 15 years old. But Tamara is in the elders area... it´s an awkward situation because her aunt is in our ward and wants that us sisters teach her. So we will be teaching her even though she´s technically the elders´investigator. And guess what? I told you about Nilda last week right? How she came to church the day after we met her? yeah, she came to the capilla abierta and then church again yesterday! And guess what else... SHE IS GETTING BAPTIZED ON SATURDAY!!! Oh man I´m so excited. She is amazing. Everything else is going so well too. I get closer and closer everyday with all of the people in my area (especially now because I´m not the newbie) haha so now I never want to leave this area... I love it so much. And my companion is amazing too. She officially has 16 months in the mission today so she´s almost done! I learn so much from her everyday.
Okay, Here´s my spiritual thought for the week from my studying:

¨for it is not requisite that a man should run faster than he has strength.¨Mosiah 4:27
I love this scripture because we all know how important service and all that is but remember not to try to do more than you really can and do feel bad if all you can do is just a little bit. We all have to grow and all that we can is equal in the eyes of God! We need to be diligent and then win the prize. It has to be in that order. (we must grow D&C 50:40)
D&C 10:4 Do not run faster or labor more than you have strength and means provided, but be diligent unto the end.
I also love this quote: When you have done your very best, you may still experience disappointments, but you will not be disappointed in yourself. You can feel certain that the Lord is pleased when you feel the spirit working through you.¨
I love you guys so much! Have an amazing week!!
xoxoxoxo

Hermana Sanders

No comments:

Post a Comment