Monday, December 22, 2014

Feliz Navidad!

MERRY MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!! Feliz Navidad:) Can you believe that Christmas is already here? It doesn´t feel like Christmas at all here because  of the heat but I´m still super stoked cause we get to SKYPE.
Okay and before I get caught up in all that excitement about talking to you guys and everything, so I don´t forget... remember that next week we have changes so my P day will be on Tuesday not Monday. K cool.
So anyways, this week has been great! A whole week of talking to people all about Christ and His birth and everything. I´m pretty sure I have the story of his birth in the bible memorized now (In spanish lol). It´s been fun!
It was a little hard at first cause our investigator Adriana has stopped progressing and won´t stop drinking coffee so she can´t get baptized... so our leaders told us that we had to ¨break up¨with her haha. That was hard cause we love her so much and she still really wants to get baptized! we´re gonna keep working with her but not as much as before. On the bright side, we found a ton of amazing new investigators this week that all want to be baptized and so we are really busy with them. There are two little girls that we are teaching right now that are 10 and 13 years old and they both want to be baptized soo bad but they´re parents keep saying no... so that´s a struggle. But I know a miracle can happen so we´re workng really hard!
As far as the weather here lately it´s been sooooo weird. The rain came back for a little bit so I literally go from sweating to death and getting like blisters on my skin from the heat to sleeping with four layers of clothing because I´m freezing to death. I don´t understand! haha. And geeeez I have gotten my exercise this week. All of our new investigators that we have found live in the reeeally far part of our area and so we´ve spent a ton of time there this week and we keep being late to our house at night. On Thursday, we literally sprinted 4 straight miles skirt, backpack and all to our house. I realized how out of shape I am. haha. Oh and super random thing, we had a bird in our house the other day! I have no idea how it got in but it was just flying all around our house. Just one more pet of mine that I have along with all my cockroach buddies.... ew.
This week we also had our mission christmas conference which was amazing! a lot of good music and sooo much food. and fun gift exchanges! I loved it. Made me a little homesick though. Christmas time is rough not gonna lie. I´m kinda glad it doesn´t feel like Christmas here too much. Winter here will suck though when it´s cold and I wn´t have christmas to make it fun! Oh well:) I also saw Austin Martinez again at the conference! so crazy we´re in the same mish.
Lastly, I got the December Liahona at the conference and i literally read every single thing in it and loooved it. So I wanna share my favorite parts from that!
First of all, Christ, as the ¨Prince of Peace¨ in John 16:33 says: Be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
I love that!
then some words from Pres. Uchtdorf:
Christ set for us the pattern for giving. If he were here, we´d find Him ministering to the meek, the downcast, the humble, the distressed, and the poor in spirit. May we through simple acts of kindness, charity, and compassion, fill the world with the light of His love and healing power.
And the most precious gift we can give is our time!
Also I love this quote from Him:
sometimes the most precious and sacred things are right in front of us, in plain sight, but we cannot or will not see them... I promise that if we unclutter our lives a little bit and in sincerity and humility seek the pure and gentle Christ with our hearts, we will see Him, we will find Him on Christmas and throught the year.

We can find joy through spreading joy! We should think about what gift that we can give the Savior this year... and the ironic thing is taht anything that we can give to the Savior in the end, we end up being the ones receiving the gift.
For real though, the December Liahona is amazing. You should definitely read it! and in it, ¨the reality of Christmas¨by GAry e stevenson gives lots of ideas how we can epress our feelings of the Christmas spirit.
I love you guys sooo much! Can´t wait to see your beautiful faces in just a few days!
Have the best Christmas everrrrr!!!!!!!!!!
Les amo mucho!!!!
xoxoxoxo

Hermana Sanders

No comments:

Post a Comment