Monday, November 10, 2014

Pure Happiness (November 10,2014 Email)

Hey everyone!
This may have been thee best week of my life. ahhh so much happened I don´t even know where to start! My testimony of fasting is unbelievably strong now because literally everything that I fasted for happened this week.So many miracles! One bad, no AWFUL thing happened though. I watched some guy literally basically beat his dog to death the other day and I could NOT handleit... It was so sad. Oh my gosh. Pobrecito :( So that was horrible. But anyways, back to the happiness! First and foremost: I had my first baptism!!!! CARLOS WAS BAPTIZED!!!!!!!! He got baptized on saturday and then confirmed yesterday. It was sooo amazing. I haven´t seen a smile leave his face since. He´s so happy! And the baptism was great. My companion and I sang a special musical number and everyone cried. Literally. So yeah we´re pretty cool haha but no, the spirit really was so strong. and I was able to bare my testimony as well and I was surprised that I could fully express myself and I could figure out how to say everything that I wanted. I finally feel confident about my spanish. I got lets of compliments about my spanish from the people here when they ask where I´m from. And one guy asked if I was from Brazil haha. Oh yeah, and this week we did zone intercambios, so we got a new companion from our zone for 24 hours. I was assigned to stay in my area so I had to be in charge. I was praying not to get a companion that didn´t speak english but that´s exactly what I got! I am seriously SO grateful for it now though! It forced me to speak spanish and figure things out.Turns out, I know wayy more spanish than I thought I did. And she didn´tknow anything about our investigators either so I was forced to plan and guids the lessons. It was seriously an amazing experience. We had some amazing miracles with old investigators and we found a lot of new ones! Great day! ahh great WEEK! we also had a meeting with all the new missionaries and our trainers at the mission home and that was awesome to be able to see my friends from the CCM and see the mission president and his wife. I`m stoked for this week because we have a multi mission conference and I´m singing in the choir so we have to go to the mission home wednesday night for a practice and sleepover for the conference on thursday.That will be way fun! Oh yeah and before I forget...Since changes are next week, for some reason they do P days on Tuesdays the week of changes.So I won´t get to email ya´ll until tuesday next week! Just so ya know. 
But yeah, like I said before, I truly believe that fasting was what made me have so much success this week. We´ve been teaching this guy named Leo and he´s a strong investigator, as well as a girl named Yoana. she is like 21 I think and she wants a book of mormon and she´s coming to church with us this next sunday. She´s awesome! Then I dunno if I have told you about gabriela... but anyways, we have been talking with her a lot and shes a hard one. But the day of intercambios I went and visited her and I was able to talk her out of making a really bad decision with her pregnancy! We prayed together and she had a change of heart.So she´s gonna have the baby and figure things out from there.Such a miracle seriously! I´m so happy about that!! Unfortunately, we haven´t been able to meet up with paulo and sergio again because things kept coming up but we have a lesson with them this week again. so hopefully it actually happens!
Oh yeah and I GOT MY PACKAGE!! the halloween thanksgiving one. Holy crap. CUTEST THING I HAVE EVER SEEN. Thank you mom sooo much. You´re super creative. I love it. and I love the clothes! I wore them for the baptism:) And all the pumpkin stuff and candy... you know me too well. And geez, thank you to everyone in the ward that gave me stuff! You are all so thoughtful. I didn´t know you loved me so much haha ya´ll are the best. Seriously thank you! And I found out I actually can open packages any day it´s just letters that I can´t read until mondays. so that´s cool! speaking of letters I got lots of letters this week too! Thanks everyone! And thanks mom for the stamps. I got that letter too.
Okay, one last thing. I was reading in the New Testament because I want to finish it at some point, and I just wanted to share that it´s definitely NOT all true. I read verse 15 in Romans 10 that says... How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the Gospel of peace, and bring glad tiding of good things!.... I thought that was funny because my feet are FAR from beautiful now that I´m in the mission hahaha.
Anyways, I love you guys so much and I miss all of you! I´m so glad to hear how great you guys are every week.
Have another awesome week!
Amor, 

Hermana McKelle Sanders

No comments:

Post a Comment