Monday, November 24, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hey everyone! Happy Thanksgiving!! Weird... Christmas is in a MONTH. I´m soo excited to skype:) and I hit my three month mark this week too! I swear I just had my two month mark... time is flyin.
Anyways, not a whole lot happened this week but it was still an awesome week! We have some awesome investigators that have been progressing really well this week. I don`t know if I mentioned anything about Michael last week, but he`s a kid that`s my same age that I found last week during one of our interchanges. We`ve talked to him almost everyday this last week and he wants to get baptized and everything! We just need to get him to come to church... but he was texting us the other day asking us what he needs to do to be like us (as missionaries) cause he thinks that`s really cool. haha so yeah he`s awesome! And then our other investigator that is really strong is Adriana. She came to church with us again yesterday for the second time and she loved it so much. We talked with her seriously about baptism again, because we had originally set a date for this next saturday, but she doesn`t feel ready... so she has a for sure set date for the 6th of december! I`m sooo excited. We gave her a BOM this week with a reading assignment, and like two hours later she texted us and said she read it and prayed about it and it brought her sooo much happiness. She has major problems with depression and is completely alone. She said that we are angels sent to her and every time she talks to us she is left feeling peace and comfort. I love that! That`s what the gospel does for people:) 
Yesterday was amazing though. We had Adriana at church with us and a lot of less active members that we´ve been meeting with came to church too! and Carlos blessed the sacrament this week!! He was soo cute. He was really nervous but he did an AMAZING job. and then he gave us more banana cake last night so of course that made my entire day haha. I`m sad though because they´re leaving at the beginning of December to be with Natali`s family in Montevideo for the month and for Christmas. So we won`t see them much anymore... and we won`t see them on Christmas:( BUT, on Thursday we are celebrating Thanksgiving with them and we`re all cooking a bunch of stuff. It`s gonna be the most random meal of american, peruvian, and urugayo food but it will be great haha I`m so stoked.
Oh and also yesterday, I had one of thee most embarrassing moments ever. We were walking to a really far part of our area and we were walking in a street where there is like never any people, and my comp was just quietly singing some salsa song in spanish and I randomly started dancing (you know how awful and weird my dancing is) and a few seconds later I look to my right and there is a group of like seven guys sitting in front of their house and they started laughing sooo hard and whistling and saying ¨the blonde one is so cute!¨ man I was so embarrassed. and yeah, EVERYONE here thinks I´m blonde and they love it haha I´m not even blonde!
Along with an embarrassing moment that I had this week, I also had something kind of creepy happen too. We went on splits with some young women in our ward this week, and on this day it was rainy super hard so there was nobody in the street. so we started knocking doors and this super nice lady opened her door and she let us in her house and everything so we were like okay sweet she`s awesome! and we started talking to her and everything and then not after long, she started telling us how the spirit of the previous owner of the house was there with us and how she`s seen it multiple times that week. Then she got out some pictures of her husband with their daughter and you could see like hands and other creepy things of some spirit in every single one of the pictures. We were sooo creeped out and it got really cold in the house and so we asked if we could say a prayer and then we tried to leave as soon as we could. Oh man it was so weird cause the lady seemed so nice and normal but no.... ahh I was freaked out haha.
But anyways, on that note... This morning I was reading in the ensign of the conference talks from October and I was reading the talk by Elder L. Tom Perry and I love this that he said: Remember that the greatest of all the blessings of the Lord come through and are given to righteous families. I love that because I am so grateful to have you guys as my family and I`m grateful for the righteous lives that you are living. And I know that what he said is true. We are receiving the greatest blessings because of it! 
I also want to share some scriptures from what I´ve been reading in the New Testament as well. Go read 2 Corinthians 4:17 and 12:10. They are beautiful verses. We should take pleasure in our trials because it is the way that we can grow and become more like Christ. Enjoy the hard times!
I love you all so much. I am sad I can´t celebrate Thanksgiving with you guys on Thursday, but know how grateful I am for each and every one of you!
Love you sooo much.
xoxoxoxo

Hermana Sanders

No comments:

Post a Comment