Tuesday, November 18, 2014

November 18, 2014 EMAIL

Hola everyone! 
How´s it goin? wow this extra day makes it seem like an eternity since I have talked to you guys. I´m so happy I finally get to! I hope you guys had an amazing week because mine was the BEST! Seriously mission life just keeps getting better and better each and every week. It`s crazy. I am soooo happy! This week was awesome and super eventful haha. We had so many intercambios and stuff like that. I feel like I`m never with my own companion anymore haha. Earlier this last week we did a cambio where we stayed with our own companion, but we all went and worked in one area. That was interesting, but I loved it. It was hard cause it was suuuper hot and all we did was walk and walk and walk all day, but it was really cool to see another area. And we found a guy that spoke english so I talked to him forever about all kinds of stuff, and not even kidding, he wanted to get baptized right then and there. It was cool! So that was a good reference that we got for the hermanas in that area. And I literally almost got my arm bit off by a dog that day. It fit it`s head through the fence that i was ringing the doorbell (yes this area actually had doorbells) and I felt the slobber on my arm, but luckily it`s teeth barely missed me. IT WAS HUGE! so scary haha. Then a few days later we had intercambios with the hermanas viajantes, and I stayed in my area again. So Hermana Orme, she is amazing, came to my area and we worked together and she stayed over night. She is sooo cute and she`s almost finished with her mission so I was able to learn a ton from her. Seriously my whole mindset of the mission has been changed from her and ever since that day I can`t keep a smile off of my face. I liked what she told me that her zone leader told them: People, after this life, will remember every single time that the gospel was shared with them. So that motivated me to LITERALLY talk with everyone and share my testimony of Jesus Christ. And for real, this week has made me gain such a strong testimony of the gift of tongues. you guys... I CAN SPEAK SPANISH. I never thought this day would come. It`s such an amazing feeling to finally be able to talk to these people and express what I want to say. I even participate in the relief society lessons now haha I didn`t even do that at home. We had one more intercambio yesterday and I stayed in my area AGAIN. but it`s good cause I`m learning how to find my way around on my own. It`s super hard because I`m already so directionally challenged, and then the streets here are ridiculous so it`s hopeless. But I`m learning! 
Anyways, what else happened.... we had a multi mission conference this week too! That was thee coolest thing. Elder Christensen of the seventy came and spoke to us and it was one of the most spiritual experiences I`ve ever had. One quick quote that I loved from that day: `we are not perfect, put we can begin each day in a perfect way` sorry that doesn`t translate as well into english as I was hoping but you get the point. Each day is a new beginning that we can try and better ourselves and become more like Christ! Isn`t that such an amazing opportunity? oh yeah and guess what? at the conference, I saw Austin Martinez that used to be in our ward! I had NO idea he was in my same mission. So we talked for awhile and it was really fun to see a friendly face from home.
Sunday this week was sooo great. Carlos got the priesthood! he was so excited, it was the most adorable thing ever. And I`m stoked we`re making the pumpkin cookie mix that you sent me tonight for family night. Finally I get to eat something pumpkin! And we also have a new investigator that came to church with us on Sunday. Her name is Adriana and she is so amazing. She`s been super depressed and really all she needs is friends... So that`s what we are for her right now. She`s totally getting baptized I know it!
But yeah, tomorrow is cambios but I`m not changing cause I`m staying with my trainer. Which is so great cause we are so excited to spend Christmas together. but wow... counting the CCM, I have made it through two changes in my mission! Time is flying!!! My district leader and zone leader are both going home though so that`s kind of sad... they are awesome.
Oh yeah and I received ALL of the packages that you guys sent finally! I`m super stoked about all of them and I feel sooo loved for real. You guys are the best.
I`m excited to hear all about your week!! love ya`ll!!
Caio!
Amor,

Hermana Sanders

No comments:

Post a Comment